Coffee Not Cutting It?
Let’s Improve your Energy Levels with Naturopathic Medicine
1. Coffee not working like it use to… it’s time to nourish your system!
Caffeine is a great pick-me-up; it increases blood flow, alertness, and gets your heart pumping. However, it also depletes some key nutrients like B vitamins. B vitamins are directly involved in your cell’s ability to make energy. Supplement with a B complex or kick it old school and eat these nutrients by adding more leafy greens, nuts, and seeds into your diet.
2. Listen to your body… Are you trying to do it all?
It’s a no-brainer that is often forgotten but if your are intensifying your workouts, attending all the social events, working 40+ hours all while trying to be parent of the year you will not have optimal energy. Rest, reset, and reconnect.
3. When it comes to energy levels your biggest ally is… SLEEP (surprise!).
A few basic ways to improve your sleep are:
- Before bed: set the mood, ditch the electronics and turn the lights down. The darkness tells your body its time to start making melatonin (the sleep hormone).
- Take time to unwind before stepping into bed; make yourself a hot tea or take a warm bath
- Caffeine consumption is associated with decreased sleep quality. If coffee isn’t cutting it, try cutting it out to see changes your sleep quality. You can do it, I can help. HERE
See Dr. Whelan our Naturopathic Doctor for a deeper look into why your energy levels are low and for a personalized plan of how to incorporate these tips and more into your routine.